Why you should change yours? Basically a DNS server is what converts easy to remember web site names into an actual IP address. Some of the benefits of changing your DNS server from the one chosen by your internet provider are listed below.
- More privacy
Cloudflare explains encrypted DNS servers here.
You can change the DNS server for each computer connected to the internet but if you configure your router to do it any device connected to that router will pass through your chosen DNS server.
Some examples of alternate DNS servers are
- Cloudflare IP 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11
- Google IP 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124
- Quad9 IP 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52
- Open DNS IP 184.108.40.206
- Comodo IP 220.127.116.11
- Verisign IP 18.104.22.168
- UncensoredDNS IP 22.214.171.124