Why you should change yours? Basically a DNS server is what converts easy to remember web site names into an actual IP address. Some of the benefits of changing your DNS server from the one chosen by your internet provider are listed below.
- More privacy
Cloudflare explains encrypted DNS servers here.
You can change the DNS server for each computer connected to the internet but if you configure your router to do it any device connected to that router will pass through your chosen DNS server.
Some examples of alternate DNS servers are
- Cloudflare IP 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206
- Google IP 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168
- Quad9 IP 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199
- Open DNS IP 188.8.131.52
- Comodo IP 184.108.40.206
- Verisign IP 220.127.116.11
- UncensoredDNS IP 18.104.22.168